CambCol was first established in 2014; based in Cambridgeshire, with a long-standing and ongoing collaborative relationship with the University of Cambridge. CambCol is a privately funded business, with UK-based investors and shareholders.
Sustainable, Responsible and Ethical: We only use reliable and responsible UK suppliers and recycling of raw materials to minimise environmental impact and make our business as sustainable as possible, whilst delivering proven and reliable quality and performance of our products for our customers.
High Quality: Wholly developed, sourced and manufactured in the UK, with full ‘traceability’ to source.
Research-based: our products have been developed working with Cambridge University scientists and are formulated to have the ideal characteristics to deliver rapid wound healing.
History of CambCol
Meet Our Team
• Highly experienced entrepreneur with 20+ years of commercial experience
• Has started-up and sold a number of successful businesses and in recent years has built a substantial business exporting chicken meat to the Far East
• CambCol is his brainchild and utilises readily available by-product of the poultry industry to produce medical collagens
• Heavily involved in product design and is playing a key role in the purchase and commissioning of production equipment and facilities.
• Highly experienced CFO with over 25 years of experience gained across a variety of industries
• Entrepreneur who has developed and sold a number of businesses, most recently in the field of IT and technology
• Has worked with Jonathan on a number of successful ventures
• Highly experienced commercial manager with a 30-year career in medical products and consumer healthcare
• Has worked in market-leading companies eg. Smith& Nephew, Nutricia, Omega Pharma, Invacare in marketing, sales and business development roles
• Managed UK and International businesses and multi-million pound product portfolios
• Developed and launched multiple products into the UK and global medical markets.
• Previously part of NHS Innovations South-West, with extensive network of NHS contacts
• World-renowned in the field of collagen biochemistry, having worked since 1978, and with over 200 peer-review publications.
• Specialism is identifying collagen sequences that bind cell-surface receptors and ECM components.
• Expert in collagen-stimulated platelet activation and thrombosis; the synthesis of collagen-like peptides; and in collagen–receptor structures.
• Retired from University of Cambridge in 2019 and now focuses on CambCol.
• Has worked for 22 years on collagen, having been in laboratories involved in its initial characterisation
• Recent work includes international publications in collagen folding, cross-linking, sequence and structure and platelet coagulation
• Will ensure product quality and investigate cellular responses to its use in physiological situations
• Is familiar with the documentation required for scientific procedures
- Garry Chapman along with his son gave a helping hand during COVID-19 lockdown in 2020, shared his vast business experience.
- Business owner and director of Scruffs Hairdressing in Cambridge.
- I have been a general builder all of my working life since I was 18. I first met Jonathan at CambCol when I helped with the building work of the unit in Littleport.
- Supported CambCol as they had started a new and much required venture of manufacturing hand sanitiser to which I obliged and haven’t looked back.
- It feels great to be part of a company that is making such a difference during this pandemic.
- Experienced technical manager with a demonstrated history of working in the food production industry.
- Skilled in Sensory Evaluation, HACCP, Internal Audit, Teamwork, Food Safety and Food Processing.
- Have worked as an independent food technical consultant for many years. Have helped many companies to get ready for their certification audit. Gained a strong knowledge of food safety and legal standards (e.g. BRC and SALSA).
- Oversees Health & Safety, HR, and general Business Administration within the organisation.
- AAT Qualified Bookkeeper with AATQB membership status, and Health & Safety IOSH Managing Safely qualified.
- Previously she has worked in a variety of administration roles, within areas of Finance, Health & Safety, HR, Procurement, and general Office Administration.
- She started at CambCol in July 2020, and is looking forward to growing within the company and becoming a key member of staff.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated member of the CambCol administrating team.
- Currently engaged in business studies apprenticeship.
- Looking forward to growing with the business.